[R] Linear programming with sparse matrix input format?

Talbot Katz topkatz at msn.com
Tue Mar 6 00:30:23 CET 2007

Hi.

I am aware of three different R packages for linear programming: glpk,
linprog, lpSolve.  From what I can tell, if there are N variables and M
constraints, all these solvers require the full NxM constraint matrix.  Some
linear solvers I know of (not in R) have a sparse matrix input format.  Are
there any linear solvers in R that have a sparse matrix input format?
(including the possibility of glpk, linprog, and lpSolve, in case I might
have missed something in the documentation).  Thanks!

--  TMK  --
212-460-5430	home
917-656-5351	cell