[R] Generating R plots through Perl - Solution

Ryan.G.Huckstorf at wellsfargo.com Ryan.G.Huckstorf at wellsfargo.com
Tue Mar 6 20:51:14 CET 2007

Hello,

I tried what you suggested (i.e. combine the separate plot creation
commands into one command from Perl to R), and it worked.  The syntax is
as follows:

$R->send(qq (xVal <- c(1,2,3,4,5,6)));
$R->send(qq (yVal <- c(3,5,2,6,1,5)));
$R->send(qq (c(pdf("C:/Test Environment/R/perlPlotTest.pdf"), plot(xVal,
yVal), dev.off())));

I appreciate your help with this, and I will look into ruby and the "r
for ruby" project for future use.

Thanks again,
Ryan