[R] Mac OS X: Clearing R Console screen

Jesse Sinclair sinclair.jesse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:13:38 CET 2007

Hi all,
I'm trying to figure out how to clear the console (screen) in the Mac
OS X R console. Using ctrl-l does not work. I have also tried system
("clear") but, I get  "TERM environment variable not set.", I find
this a bit strange because system("ls") and other bash commands work
fine. When using R in Terminal or iTerm, the system("clear") works
great. Any ideas on how to get the R Console to clear, or how to set
the TERM variable? I see others have had similar issues but, can't
seem to find the solution. Thanks!

Jesse