[R] zip.file.extract on Windows

Gregg Lind lind1199 at umn.edu
Fri Mar 30 22:08:10 CEST 2007

Hello R-help!

I just wanted to share a tip might help others of us stuck on R.

The documentation for zip.file.extract is rather scant, and a few
examples would.

When using zip.file.extract, the first argument should be the full (or
relative) path and the second the name of the zip file, it seems.

While this is counterintuitive to me, that it should get the part from
the first argument, and apply that path to the second, it seems to how
this works.

This seems to me to be the wrong approach, since it won't handle folders
inside the zipfile correctly.

Am I missing something?  Should I just use "unz" instead?

Thanks,

Gregg L.