[R] How to install previous packages after upgrading to R 2.5.0?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:08:25 CEST 2007

On 5/2/07, Jeffrey Wood <jephwood at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have just upgraded from R-2.4.1 to R-2.5.0 for Windows.
>
> I had installed a large number of add-on packages under 2.4.1. Is there an easy way to install (or load, if that's the easier way) those packages under 2.5.0, without having to install each package by hand?

This was just discussed in another thread but batchfiles on CRAN (which is
a collection of Windows XP batch files, not an R package) contains
movedir.bat and copydir.bat that will move or copy your packages from
one version of R to another.  See the home page:

   http://code.google.com/p/batchfiles/

which gives links to the README where its explained and to the CRAN
download area from where you can download it.

movedir.bat is very fast (only a few seconds) but your packages will then
only reside in the new version of R.  copydir.bat is slower but makes
copies rather than moving the packages.  Neither will overwrite anything
so they are both pretty safe to use.