[R] Building package: What does this message about rcompgen imply?

Peter Dunn dunn at usq.edu.au
Thu May 3 02:43:06 CEST 2007

Hi all

I'm updating a package for submission to CRAN, and I am getting
an error message I never have seen before, and can't find out
what it implies or means (and hence, what I need to do to fix
it).

After running R CMD check, I get this:

<snip>
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
Error in .find.package(package, lib.loc) :
        there is no package called 'rcompgen'
Execution halted
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
<snip>

I am informed: There is no package called 'rcompgen'.  True;
I never knew there was one, so I certainly never asked for
it to be loaded.  (I can search all the files in the package directory
and the string  rcompgen  never appears either, and nor does the
string  find.package.)  So somewhere, this package must be deemed
necessary to install.  (I have checked all dependencies too: none of
those packages need  rcompgen  either.)

I can get this package from CRAN and install it of course, but I
don't think I need it.  (Not that I fully understand what it is for
or what it does...).  I'm sure it implies there is a problem in
my package, but i don't know what problem that is.

So can anyone help me:  Why does R think I need package  rcompgen?
What error/mistake in my Rd files would invoke this?  Where should
I be looking, and what sort of problem might I be looking for?

Thanks as always.

P.

--
Dr Peter Dunn  |  dunn <at> usq.edu.au
Faculty of Sciences, USQ; http://www.sci.usq.edu.au/staff/dunn

This email (including any attached files) is confidential an...{{dropped}}