[R] Building package: What does this message about rcompgen imply?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 3 04:15:28 CEST 2007

We don't have any of the basic details the posting guide asks for!

If this is R 2.5.0, rcompgen is a recommended package and ought to be
installed.  If it is not, then .check_Rd_refs cannot cross-check
references against all the standard and recommended packages, and that
looks like the cause of the error.

If it is an earler version of R, the advice in the posting guide to update
applies.  CRAN will be checking on 2.5.0 and later.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk