[R] Building package: What does this message about rcompgen imply?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 3 04:16:27 CEST 2007

Peter,

On 3 May 2007 at 10:43, Peter Dunn wrote:
| After running R CMD check, I get this:
|
| <snip>
| * checking foreign function calls ... OK
| * checking R code for possible problems ... OK
| * checking Rd files ... OK
| * checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
| Error in .find.package(package, lib.loc) :
|         there is no package called 'rcompgen'
| Execution halted

Are you by chance on Debian (or Ubuntu)?

I couldn't make r-recommended 'Depends:' on r-cran-rcompgen because the later
was taking some time to come throught the 'new package' queue that has to be
manually inspected, checked, approved, ... by the Debian ftpmaster.  It is
now in unstable.

In any event, with R 2.5.0, and with or without Debian,

   > install.packages("rcompgen")

from within R (possibly running as root) should install it for you.

Subsequent Debian R packages will have r-recommended depends on
r-cran-rcompgen, and r-cran-codetools (which is delayed a bit more as I made
a mistake in the very first version I uploaded).

Regards, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison