[R] Building package: What does this message about rcompgen imply?

Peter Dunn dunn at usq.edu.au
Thu May 3 04:23:39 CEST 2007

Dirk

> On 3 May 2007 at 10:43, Peter Dunn wrote:
> | After running R CMD check, I get this:
> |
> | <snip>
> | * checking foreign function calls ... OK
> | * checking R code for possible problems ... OK
> | * checking Rd files ... OK
> | * checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
> | Error in .find.package(package, lib.loc) :
> |         there is no package called 'rcompgen'
> | Execution halted
>
> Are you by chance on Debian (or Ubuntu)?

Bingo.

The short answer seems to be that I do need  rcompgen  to be
installed, and my Debian system didn't do that.  Easy fixed though.

Thanks.

P.

> version
               _
platform       i486-pc-linux-gnu
arch           i486
os             linux-gnu
system         i486, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          5.0
year           2007
month          04
day            23
svn rev        41293
language       R
version.string R version 2.5.0 (2007-04-23)

--
Dr Peter Dunn  |  dunn <at> usq.edu.au
Faculty of Sciences, USQ; http://www.sci.usq.edu.au/staff/dunn

This email (including any attached files) is confidential an...{{dropped}}