[R] Building package: What does this message about rcompgen imply?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 3 04:44:59 CEST 2007

Peter,

On 3 May 2007 at 12:23, Peter Dunn wrote:
| > Are you by chance on Debian (or Ubuntu)?
|
| Bingo.
|
| The short answer seems to be that I do need  rcompgen  to be
| installed, and my Debian system didn't do that.  Easy fixed though.

Yes, sorry. I realized relatively late that we needed the two new packages,
and did not get them into the queue in time for the R 2.5.0 release, despite
an upload made during my vacation :) As this tends to take two to three weeks
with the number of packages going into Debian, I ended up missing this by a
few days.

Sorry for the trouble, and glad you got it working now.

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison