[R] looking for equivalent of matlab's medfilt1 function

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:58:48 CEST 2007

Dear all,
I have several files with Matlab code, which I am translating to R.

For the zero-level approach, I took the very old shell script from R-help
archives, which has made some obvious leg-work such as replacement of "="
with "<-".

Now I am translating indexing, matrix operations and function call using
this table
http://37mm.no/mpy/octave-r.html

The problem is, I cannot find the R equivalent of the matlab's function
medfilt1, performing 1-dimensional median filtering of a vector. Its summary
is here http://www-ccs.ucsd.edu/matlab/toolbox/signal/medfilt1.html