[R] How to create an R RPM from source

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon May 21 17:08:42 CEST 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Waichler, Scott R wrote:

> I use some computers that run older versions of Redhat Linux such as
> EL3.  RPMs for the current version of R are no longer provided via CRAN
> for these older operating system versions.  How can I compile my own RPM
> for the current version of R, which I could then use to install R
> quickly and easily on multiple machines?

http://www.oldrpm.org/hintskinks/buildtree/
http://www.oldrpm.org/howto/GURULABS-RPM-GUIDE-v1.0.PDF
http://www.owlriver.com/tips/non-root/
http://www.owlriver.com/wings/

I may be found in #centos as one of its channel operators, and
in #rpm as a regular participant, if you get stuck, US
weekdays in Eastern business hours as 'orc_orc';  as you may
have gathered from the first two links, I was the editor of
the RPM website for many years.

-- Russ Herrold