[R] in unix opening data object created under win

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Fri May 25 12:42:27 CEST 2007

--- toby909 at gmail.com wrote:

> On Unix R's version is 2.3.1 and on PC its 2.4.1.
>
> I dont have the rights to install newer version of R
> on Unix.
>
> I tried different upload methods. No one worked.
>
> On Unix it looks as follows (dots to hide my
> userid):
>
>  >

load("/afs/ir/users/........../project/ps/data/dtaa")
>  > head(dtaa)
>       hospid     mfpi1 mfpi2 mfpi3     mfpi4 mfpi5
> mfpi6     mfpi7 mfpi8
> NA        9 0.1428571     1   0.5 0.2857143  0.50
> 0.0 0.3333333     0
> 4041      9 0.1428571     0   0.0 0.2857143  0.25
> 0.2 0.0000000     0
>           mfpi9
> NA   0.3333333
> 4041 1.0000000
>  >

> The data comes through but its screwed up.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Toby

Hi Toby,
Except that the rest of the data is not showing up
why  do you say the data is screwed up?

I don't know what your data should look like but the
two rows above look "okay".

If you are having a compatability problem with the two
version of R, something you might want to try is
downloading 2.4.1 or 2.5.0 and installing it on  a USB
stick.  You can run R quite nicely from a USB and it
might indicate if it is R or a corrupt file that is
the problem.