[R] off-topic: affine transformation matrix

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon May 28 22:53:50 CEST 2007

This may sound like a very naive question, but...

give two lists of coordinate pairs (x,y - Cartesian space) is there any simple
way to compute the affine transformation matrix in R.

I have a set of data which is offset from where i know it should be. I have
coordinates of the current data, and matching coordinates of where the data
should be. I need to compute the composition of the affine transformation
matrix, so that I can apply an affine transform the entire dataset.

any ideas?

thanks in advance!
--
Dylan Beaudette