[R] Accessing plots in Trellis graphics

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:21:31 CEST 2007

On 5/31/07, Vladimir Eremeev <wl2776 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used similar empty space to place the legend, by specifying the placement
> coordinates to the key argument of xyplot.
> This was rather long time ago, and I had to explicitly form the list, used
> as the key argument for this function. Lattice has evolved since that, some
> automation has appeared.
>
> Try also using panel.identify, trellis.focus and other functions, listed on
> the help page together with these two.

Another option is using page, as in this example from ?splom:

splom(~iris[1:3]|Species, data = iris,
      layout=c(2,2), pscales = 0,
      varnames = c("Sepal\nLength", "Sepal\nWidth", "Petal\nLength"),
      page = function(...) {
          ltext(x = seq(.6, .8, len = 4),
                y = seq(.9, .6, len = 4),
                lab = c("Three", "Varieties", "of", "Iris"),
                cex = 2)
      })

-Deepayan