[R] Kolmogorov-Smirnoff test

Oarabile Molaodi oarabile at stams.strath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 16:53:53 CET 2007

I am trying to determine whether two samples are identical or not. I'm
aware that somebody can use the Kolmogorov-Smirnoff test to compare
empirical distributions, but since my samples have ties I'm not sure if
I'm getting the right p-values for the comparison. Can the
Kolmogorov-Smirnoff test be adjusted for the case when ties exists and
are there any functions that already exists in R ( Kolmogorov-Smirnoff
test )performing  that can be used in the case of the existance of ties?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Oarabile