[R] interpretation for multiple regression

Irene Mantzouni ima at difres.dk
Mon Nov 12 11:16:45 CET 2007

Hi!
Yes, I think that you understood it right and made it clear enough to me too!
thank you! :)

________________________________

Από: Daniel Malter [mailto:daniel at umd.edu]
Αποστολή: Κυρ 11/11/2007 10:55 μμ
Προς: 'Rolf Turner'; Irene Mantzouni
Κοιν.: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Θέμα: AW: [R] interpretation for multiple regression

Hi,

maybe I don't understand your question correctly, but I don't see a reason
why there should be a significant interaction term at all.

To the question why you regression is linear in B and C:

your regressor B is linear (in B), i.e. B= 1B.
your regressor C is some quadratic function of B, i.e. C=cB^2

As I see it, your C captures the quadratic form of the relationship between
B and A. The relationship between C and A should therefore be linear in the
regression because your C already captures the quadratic form. I.e. your C
"cloaks" the significant relationship, because C is itself a quadratic
function of B.

Does that make any sense? Or did I understand your question incorrectly?
Daniel

cuncta stricte discussurus