[R] producing output as *.spo (spss output format)

Ivan Uemlianin ivan at llaisdy.com
Mon Nov 12 17:43:35 CET 2007

Muenchen, Robert A (Bob) wrote:
> You probably don't want to spend time figuring out the .spo format. From
> SPSS 16 on, that format is obsolete and replaced by the Unicode
> XML-based .spv file. SPSS 16 users need a separate Legacy Viewer to read
> .spo files. -Bob

Great.  I've had a quick Google around but have been unable to find out
anything about this .spv format.  Is it going to be as closed as .spo?
Can users of 'legacy' versions of spss get an spv viewer?  I suppose
these are all questions for spss.

Thanks for all comments.  I'm ready to switch to R - with html or odf
output where necessary.

Best wishes

Ivan