[R] Name collisions

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 14 19:24:03 CET 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Tim Fennell wrote:

> I am receiving a list of name collisions when I launch R as seen below.
> I'm new to R and any suggestion or help with how I can go about getting
> rid of these collisions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think those messages are from R, but from your OS. What platform
is this?  Googling came up with

http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.octave.general/2004-10/msg00228.html
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?20,84522,84522

which look relevant, so is this Solaris?  (I have never seen it there.)

I'd suggest talking to whoever installed R.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk