[R] odf and unzip: unzip not found

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 17 10:02:29 CET 2007

Steve Powell a écrit :
> hi list members
> I am trying to use odfWeave with R 2.5.1 on Windows XP.
>
> however when running e.g.
> odfWeave(demoFile, outputFile)
>
> I get:
> Error in odfWeave(demoFile, outputFile) : Error unzipping file
> In addition: Warning message:
> unzip not found in: system(zipCmd[2], invisible = TRUE)
>
> presumably my zip and unzip are not set up correctly but I dont know how to do that. I installed zip and unzip from info-zip.org as suggested in the help file, and think I managed set my Windows path to include the folders where they are installed, but still no luck. Any ideas?
> thanks

 ?odfWeaveControl

It'll give you, among other things :

[ ... ]

Usage:

     odfWeaveControl(
         zipCmd = c("zip -r $$file$$ .", "unzip -o $$file$$"),
         cleanup = TRUE, verbose = TRUE)

Arguments:

  zipCmd: a string for the zipping/unzipping the 'odt' file via a
          system call. The token '$$file$$' will be gsub'ed with the
          file name.

[ ... ]

HTH,

					Emmanuel Charpentier