[R] odf and unzip: unzip not found

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 14:50:12 CET 2007

> presumably my zip and unzip are not set up correctly but I dont know how to do that. I
> installed zip and unzip from info-zip.org as suggested in the help file, and think I
> managed set my Windows path to include the folders where they are installed, but still
> no luck. Any ideas?

This has come up before:

   http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/85114.html

I'm going to assume that you path isn't sent correctly. To test this,
try using system to make a specific call to unzip for your odt file

   system("unzip -o testfile.odt")

and see if it works. You can also test by opening a dos prompt and
trying the same command for a directory away from where zip and unzip
live.

Max

ps I'm trying to move my newsgroup traffic to gmail, but it is not
delivering a lot of messages (like this one). Make sure that your
response includes my Pfizer email address.