[R] Packages - a great resource, but hard to find the right one

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 04:44:43 CET 2007

> As for who should do the review, I wouldn't trust so much any user as I
> would an organization such as the JSS. If the latter is not possible, the
> first alternative is better than nothing.

Of course, it doesn't have to be one or the other, but both could be
included.  It would be also nice to include:

 *  lists of papers that cite that package (relatively difficult with
current bibliographic data sources, but hopefully will be easier in
the future)

 * messages from the mailing lists (r-help, and announcements)

 * easy access to changelogs (both human and computer generated - e.g.
cranberries)

 * links to buy or find in a local library accompanying books

 * other packages produced by the same author, other packages on the same topic

 * packages that dependent on this package, package that this package depends on

And I'm sure there are many other things that I haven't thought of in
5 minutes of brainstorming.  I'd be interested in developing something
like this, but I have to get my PhD finished first!

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/