[R] r-package RDCOMClient

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 3 23:27:21 CEST 2007

Marcin Kopaczynski wrote:
> both versions work on my pc, but on the pc where i have bloomberg
> installed the things i described do not work.

Can you give us some details about which versions of R
you have, versions of RDCOMClient and rcom and also
what versions of Windows you are running on each of the
machines (indicating for which combination it works).
Otherwise, it is very difficult to guess what might be
the problem.

> the rcom peckage works,
> but comCreateObject creates an object which is somehow different from
> what COMCreate creates. especially the Slot "ref":  row is not present
> anymore and so RBloomberg package functions do not work.

The two packages do similar things, but the representations
and internal code are quite different.