[R] Linux editor for R+LaTeX, but not Emacs

Gregory. R. Warnes greg at warnes.net
Mon Oct 8 22:56:11 CEST 2007

I, personally, see tremendous slowdowns in XEmacs responsiveness when
the buffer gets large, probably due to font-lock pretty-printing
stuff.  Since ESS can't / doesn't submit the next command until the
fontification is done, things can slow down by a lot.

-G

On Oct 7, 2007, at 4:24PM , Deepayan Sarkar wrote:

> On 10/7/07, Frede Aakmann Tøgersen <FredeA.Togersen at agrsci.dk> wrote:
>> Have you ever considered using C-u C-c C-r instead of C-c C-r?
>
> Yes (or equivalently (setq ess-eval-visibly-p nil)), and found that I
> didn't like it much. In any case, I'm not looking for ugly
> workarounds, I just wanted to point out that this could explain the
> reported slowness.
>
> -Deepayan
>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Frede

>>> grinning.  [ Hint: it can't be slower, outside of ridiculous corner