[R] Multivariate chi-square distribution function

Robin Hankin r.hankin at NOC.SOTON.AC.UK
Wed Oct 10 09:11:54 CEST 2007

Hello

If you want the multivariate t-distribution,
use rmvt() of the mvtnorm package.

If you want the Wishart distribution, one
can write a little nonce function:

library(mvtnorm)

rwis <- function(n,sigma){
crossprod(rmvnorm(n,sigma=sigma))
}

I'm not sure what you mean by the multivariate gamma
distribution, but a good candidate might be the
Dirichlet.  This is implemented in several packages;
see ?rdiric of the VGAM package for one example.

HTH

rksh