[R] problem installing MCMCpack

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu Oct 11 15:22:54 CEST 2007

J. Henrikson wrote:

> I'm completely new to R and am trying to install an add-on package for one
> of our faculty members.
> I've  had no problems with most of them, but am completely stuck trying to
> figure out why MCMCpack won't install..
> any help is VERY much appreciated!!!
>
> here's what I get when I try to install the package:
>
> [snip]

  No very specific ideas, but:

 * try updating R to 2.6.0?  (May not be the problem, but easy to
do unless the faculty member is doing mission-critical work that
depends on 2.5.1.)
 * contact the package authors? (Author:        Andrew D. Martin
<admartin at wustl.edu>, Kevin M. Quinn
               <kevin_quinn at harvard.edu>, Jong Hee Park
               <jhp at uchicago.edu>
Maintainer:    Andrew D. Martin <admartin at wustl.edu>)