[R] Image analysis and image questions

Bio7 marcel.austenfeld at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Oct 12 09:05:33 CEST 2007

Dear R users,

in my application i can transfer images to R with the help of Rserve. The
images come from
a java application. When i plot a greyscale image (values 0-255) with images
(imageMatrix...as grey)
the image is created with inverse colours. My first question is how can i
plot the image with
the default grey values. In the application the greys are (ImageJ):
white=0,black=255.

I would be also interested in operations on images inside R to test some
image functionality.
So which packages exist to do some image operations and how can i create and
plot images with them (with available data structures like a list or a
matrix)?

Another point is the creation of coloured images inside R. How could i
create and plot coloured images inside R and which data structure do i need?

In addition to this question for coloured images -> are there any bit
arithmetics available to seperate the colour space or do i have to transfer
the rgb values seperately?

Any help is appreciated

With kind regards

Marcel