[R] Rmpi building

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Oct 15 18:03:52 CEST 2007

I am trying to build Rmpi on Suse 10.2 linux.  While I would like to use
the RPM version of liblam-7.1.2, I have not been able to do so.  It
seems that Rmpi makes some pretty strong assumptions when trying to
guess the MPI version.  Has anyone successfully built Rmpi against
lam-7.1.2 recently using R-2.6.0?  If so, can you give some pointers
about where the libraries and header files need to be to have Rmpi "do
the right thing"?  I have perused the configure file in the Rmpi
distribution without much success.

Thanks,
Sean