[R] error message: "the instruction at "0x6c72c676" referenced memory of "0x00000010". The memory could not be "written"."

Hoenig, Oliver Hoenig.Oliver at commerzbank.com
Tue Oct 23 13:51:57 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a selfwritten R-program.

Short description about the program:
It gets values via SQL from a MS-Access-database, then forms them to
matrices or dataframes and makes some calculations with them. At the end it
fills the results in a result table in a MS-Access-database via SQL.

Short description about the problem:
If the size is small (rows <= 200 , columns = 16, the programm needs less
than 30min), everything works great.
But if the size is big (rows > 200, columns = 16; the program needs more
than 30min), I always get this error message:

"the instruction at "0x6c72c676" referenced memory of "0x00000010". The
memory could not be "written"."

This happens at different points in the progress of the program.

If anyone has an idea about this problem, I would be very grateful, if he
could help me.

Best regards

Freundliche Grüße
Oliver Hönig
Commerzbank AG
Corporates & Markets
Research - Quantitative Portfolio Strategie
DLZ - Gebäude 2, Händlerhaus
Mainzer Landstrasse 153
D-60327 Frankfurt
Phone:   +49 69 136 45178
Hoenig.Oliver at commerzbank.com
http://www.commerzbank.de <http://www.commerzbank.de>
COMMERZBANK Aktiengesellschaft, Frankfurt am Main
Registergericht/Registered Office: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main (HRB 32000)
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin
Kohlhaussen
Vorstand/Board of Managing Directors: Klaus-Peter Müller
(Sprecher/Chairman), Martin Blessing, Wolfgang Hartmann,
Achim Kassow, Bernd Knobloch, Michael Reuther, Eric Strutz, Nicholas Teller