[R] Package Build fails: make ./help: no such file or directory

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Oct 25 09:35:47 CEST 2007

Dieter Menne <dieter.menne <at> menne-biomed.de> writes:

Trying again with a minimal example. When I run the following batch file under
Windows 2000, R 2.6.0, I get the error message below. Rtools are installed and
at the front of the path.

rem Begin test package; File test.cmd
rem Check the following line for line breaks; ends with --slave
echo f= function(x,y) x+y; package.skeleton(list="f","test") | rterm --vanilla
--slave
rcmd build test
rcmd check test
rem End test package

Message in 00install.out

installing R.css in C:/DOCUME~1/Dieter/MYDOCU~1/R/test/TEST~1.RCH

---------- Making package test ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing R files
  installing man source files
  installing indices
  installing help
make: *** ./help: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [pkg-test] Error 2
*** Installation of test failed ***