[R] ylim in barplot2 function?

Dieter Vanderelst dieter_vanderelst at emailengine.org
Wed Oct 31 11:52:50 CET 2007

Hi list,

I'm using barplot2 form the gplots package to plot a few numbers (I want to add SD bars later).

However, I would like the y-axis not to start from 0 but 500. When I add the parameters YLIM, something goes wrong. The graph is not 'cut off' at 500. Instead the bars seems to sink trough the bottom of the graph.

Because its a little hard to explain, here is a self-containing example:

library(gplots)

ABrt<-c(588,589,593,588)
Wrt<-c(580,583,592,612)

RT<-rbind(ABrt,Wrt)
barplot2(RT,beside=T,col=c('black','white'),ylim=c(500,1000))

Does anybody know of a solution?

Regards,
Dieter

Dieter Vanderelst

dieter _ vanderelst AT emailengine DOT org
d DOT vanderelst AT tue DOT nl

Eindhoven University of Technology
Faculty of Industrial Design
Designed Intelligence Group