[R] ylim in barplot2 function?

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 31 14:24:31 CET 2007

I'm not sure exactly why it won't work but it could be
that conceptually a bar plot starting at 500 does not
make a lot of sense and the package writers did not
entertain such an idea?

I'd suggest having a look at ?dotchart as an
alternative why to plot the data or perhaps have a
look at errplot() in Hmisc.

If you really need a barplot you might have a look at
gap.barplot in plotrix.

--- Dieter Vanderelst
<dieter_vanderelst at emailengine.org> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm using barplot2 form the gplots package to plot a
> few numbers (I want to add SD bars later).
>
> However, I would like the y-axis not to start from 0
> but 500. When I add the parameters YLIM, something
> goes wrong. The graph is not 'cut off' at 500.
> Instead the bars seems to sink trough the bottom of
> the graph.
>
> Because its a little hard to explain, here is a
> self-containing example:
>

> library(gplots)
>
> ABrt<-c(588,589,593,588)
> Wrt<-c(580,583,592,612)
>
> RT<-rbind(ABrt,Wrt)

barplot2(RT,beside=T,col=c('black','white'),ylim=c(500,1000))