[R] Superimposing vector polygons over raster grid in a plot

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:31:09 CEST 2007

On Thursday 20 September 2007, Rick Reeves wrote:
> Thanks for this, Dylan. Great example. One question: 'elev.pred' and
> 'elev.var' are columns in the result 'p' from predict?
> thanks, RR

Hi,

elev.pred and elev.var are the 'zcol' attribute, or rather the value at each
cell within the spatial dataframe object 'p' in that example. here is the
construct for spplot() ... note that i left off the 'zcol=' bit on the first
call to spplot... i will fix that.

spplot(p, zcol='elev.var', ...

cheers,

Dylan