[R] Time series graphs, question about using zoo

fang liu cathelf at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:34:56 CEST 2007

Hi,
Can you tell me what is the meaning for "tail, 1"  in "aggregate"?
I also want to get some similar graph, but the data is not time series data.
Suppose here is my data one, I want a graph with x-axis is just the
index(1:9).
The graph plot all the variable A, B,C,D. So there should be 4 lines for
each graph. For the A line, at each time point, the letter A should be on
the line. And the same goes for the B line.
                    A           B            C        D
>                  8           4             9         8
>                  7           5             4         7
>                  6           8             4         4
>                  3           7              6         2
>                  5           1             8         5
>                  6           4              7        1
>                  2           8             3         4
>                  1           2              4         8
>                  4           3              1        9

So I add a name for each row
rownames(one) <- c(1:9)
z <- zooreg(as.matrix(one), start = 1, freq = 1)
z <- aggregate(z, as.Date, tail, 1)
plot(z, plot.type = "single",  type = "o",
	pch = c("A", "B", "C", "D"), lty = 1:2)

I get the plot, which I think it should be right. but the problem is that
the x-axis still have month (Jan, ) on it and I didnot get "A,B,C,D" on my
graph, is there any thing wrong?