[R] Who uses R?

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Tue Sep 25 13:11:44 CEST 2007

Just speaking of the field I'm most familiar with, there
are now users of R in many of the largest financial
companies in the world.

http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/spreadsheet_addiction.html

is one place to look for arguments against Excel.
This was just updated to include an amusing numerical
bug in Excel 2007. Guess what 850 * 77.1 equals.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com