[R] Who uses R?

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Tue Sep 25 18:55:23 CEST 2007

Hi, although this is a guess, I would dare to say that it is probably used
in at least some schools/departments of any research university. Yet,
universities/schools often have a plethora
of statistical softwares available (in our school, for instance, SAS, Stata,
SPSS, S-Plus) so it is not THE only statistical software. But R is one of
them and especially the guys at the forefront of statistical modeling are
using it because of its flexibility in programming.

Cheers,
Daniel

University of Maryland

cuncta stricte discussurus