[R] Error message "got a real'

David Kaplan dkaplan at education.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 7 02:38:08 CEST 2008

   Yea, I checked that, but that wasn't the problem.  I'm sending the input and
   a much smaller file.  It's in .csv format.  The input is for the Mac, and
   I'm beginning to think it might be a Mac issue.  The program input lines
   come from John Fox's program sem
   David
David Kaplan, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Educational Psychology
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Educational Sciences, Room, 1061
1025 W. Johnson Street
Madison, WI 53706

email: dkaplan at education dot wisc dot edu
homepage:
[1]http://www.education.wisc.edu/edpsych/facstaff/kaplan/kaplan.htm
Phone: 608-262-0836

   Duncan Murdoch wrote:

     David Kaplan wrote:

        Hi all,
        I'm running the program sem on a Mac, but I'm getting a message that I
     think
        is quite general.  The error reads
         Error  in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines,
     na.strings,
        :
          scan() expected 'a real', got '10652)'
        The 10652 is the sample size coming from a .csv file where I have
     header =
        TRUE.

     It appears to be finding a parenthesis too.  That's not a real.
     Duncan Murdoch