[R] RSPerl & threads II

J Greenbaum jgbaum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:46:16 CEST 2008

My previous post seems to have been eaten by the server because of
embedded code.  You can now find that code at:

http://tinyurl.com/3o88j2

I aoplogize for the double-posting...

-Jay

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the RSPerl module in a script that uses threads. I am
able to call R functions without a problem when I don't use threads.
However, using threads, I get varying errors depending on how I call the R
functions. If I call the R::initR function in the "boss" thread and then
try to call R functions from a "worker" thread, I get the following error:

Error: C stack usage is too close to the limit
Caught error in R::call()

However, if I move the "use" declarations for R & RReferences to the worker
thread, along with the initR call, I get this:

Fatal error: R home directory is not defined

I've attached some code for your reference. Is there any way to get this
module working with Perl threads? Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jay