[R] post hoc statistical power

Yuelin Li liy12 at mskcc.org
Tue Apr 8 18:47:12 CEST 2008

I remember reading about post hoc statistical power on R-help.  But I
can't seem to find them with RSiteSearch("post hoc statistical power")
and variations of it.

I would like to learn more about post hoc statistical power, its
meaningfulness, advantages and disadvantages.  I thought the issue was
settled after Tukey's 1993 paper about post hoc statistical power
being "essentially meaningless once the experiment has been done".
But they seem to be used, and sometimes encouraged
(e.g., http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a787469931).

I do not intend to start a debate.  I simply would like to learn
more.  Can anyone suggest a few articles?  Thanks,

Yuelin.

Tukey JW. Tightening the clinical trial. Control Clin Trials. 1993;14:266-285.

     communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
     computer.