[R] vector in filename

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:20:59 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:05 PM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team
<webmaster at xen.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am trying to generate a group of graphics with an iteration. Some
>  thing like this...
>
>  x=1
>  y=1
>  max=10
>  myfiles <- paste("foo", x:max, ".png", sep="")
>  while (x =< max)
>     {
>         png(file=myfiles, pointsize = 20, width = 600, height = 600,
>  units = "px", bg="#eaedd5")
>         plot(x,y)
>         dev.off()
>         x=x+1
>         y=y+1
>     }
>
>  I am getting only one *.png file with the name of the first position in
>  myfiles and the content of the last graphic in the iteration. Please,
>  could you tell me if it is possible to iterate file= in any other way?

Have you looked at ?png :

filename: the name of the output file. The page number is substituted
          if a C integer format is included in the character string, as
          in the default.  (The result must be less than 'PATH_MAX'
          characters long, and may be truncated if not. See
          'postscript' for further details.)  Tilde expansion is
          performed where supported by the platform.

so the default filename ("Rplot%03d.jpeg") already does what you want.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/