[R] vector in filename

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Fri Apr 18 16:16:33 CEST 2008

Thanks Hadley,

hadley wickham wrote:
> Have you looked at ?png :
>
> filename: the name of the output file. The page number is substituted
>           if a C integer format is included in the character string, as
>           in the default.  (The result must be less than 'PATH_MAX'
>           characters long, and may be truncated if not. See
>           'postscript' for further details.)  Tilde expansion is
>           performed where supported by the platform.
>
> so the default filename ("Rplot%03d.jpeg") already does what you want.
>
> Hadley

Yes, I've read this help page. But as far as I understand, this only
allows to generated a "paged" file name, but not to include the value of
a variable in the file name. Foo is a dummy name. It is only the
numerical part of the name what variates in the samples above. I guess
it won't be difficult to get Foo from values in a vector once I
understand how the whole thing does work.

Cheers,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez