[R] Research Notes

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 15:42:09 CEST 2008

JRG wrote:

> You might consider Treepad Lite (www.treepad.com).  It's a tiny, free-form tree-structured
> notebook/database/text editor.  It stores stuff as plain text, so you can easily copy/paste to
> other software.   It's available for Windows and Linux, and it's free --- though more elaborate
> versions are available as shareware.

For a while I experimented with 'Wiki On A Stick' type things for my
note-taking. Basically a single, self-modifying HTML file that lets you
create a set of hyperlinked notes:

http://stickwiki.sourceforge.net/

  Plus side: hyperlinking, headlines, lists, formatting, cross-platform,
easy to copy to a web page and make available to others etc etc.

  Minus side: all that just gets in the way of typing notes.

but it might work for you. I use it for development of ideas and things
like that (see also "Mind Mapping Software") but not for note taking.
That needs to be quick (for me at least).

Barry