[R] How to plot wind direction and strength field

Jenny Barnes jmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 12:46:52 CEST 2008

Hi Jim,

I would like to plot something like figure 2 on this webpage:
http://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/storm_summaries/jan1997storms.php

My data is very large - covering the whole globe at 2.5deg resolution so
longitude=144 girds, latitude=73 grids and time=32 years - hard to give
you that data......Would it help to give you a couple of grid squares
worth of data for one year?

Thanks,

Jenny