[R] clustering and data-mining...

losemind comtech.usa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 01:28:34 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am doing some experiment studies...

It seems to me that with different combination of 5 parameters, the end
results ultimately converged to two scalars. That's to say, some
combinations of the 5 parameters lead to one end result and some other
combinations of the 5 parameters lead to the other end result (scalar).

I am thinking of this is sort of something like clustering or binary
classification.

If I could figure out what combinations of the 5 parameters lead to what
type of end result, in the future, I will be able to predict or classify
without doing the whole experiment, which is very time consuming...

Could someone give me some recommendations about what might be the best
stats model for doing this?

And what might be the best stats tool for such task, and are these tools
available in R?

Thanks a lot!