[R] Time series, least squares line

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Wed Aug 6 00:08:07 CEST 2008

For the first part: Create a two-column data frame of which one contains
your data (Y) and the other the time index (time). Then do:

plot(Y~time,type="l") ##lower case L

if you want a least-squares line, run a linear regression of Y on time and
add that line together with lines for the confidence bands using the
abline() command. Are you sure you want an LS-line though?

?abline

Daniel

cuncta stricte discussurus