[R] How to repress the annoying complains from X window system

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 13:44:39 CEST 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, John Fox wrote:

> Dear Mark and Adrian,
>
> I was under the impression that these errors were fixed in R 2.4.0; you
> could try setting the Rcmdr option suppress.X11.warnings=TRUE and see
> whether that helps (but first read the information on the option in
> ?Commander).

The X11() warnings were fixed in 2.4.0: at least one of the messages here
is from Tk, which also makes use of X11.  The processing of the Rcmdr
option would need to be expanded to catch the Tk version of the message
shown.

I've never been able to reproduce these messages, so can't help track them
down.