[R] How to repress the annoying complains from X window system

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:13:48 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, John Fox wrote:
> > Dear Mark and Adrian,
> >
> > I was under the impression that these errors were fixed in R 2.4.0; you
> > could try setting the Rcmdr option suppress.X11.warnings=TRUE and see
> > whether that helps (but first read the information on the option in
> > ?Commander).
>
> The X11() warnings were fixed in 2.4.0: at least one of the messages here
> is from Tk, which also makes use of X11.  The processing of the Rcmdr
> option would need to be expanded to catch the Tk version of the message
> shown.
>
> I've never been able to reproduce these messages, so can't help track them
> down.

Thank you all for your replies.
Actually, I am not able to reproduce them myself...!
I tried to push it in different ways and different options, just to catch them
but they seem to have vanished. Really sorry I can't offer more information,
but I will try to keep a more detailed log of my actions and if I do stumble
upon them I will report back.

In the mean time, enjoy useR.
Best wishes,
Adrian