[R] rgl/compiz problem

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Wed Aug 13 17:50:56 CEST 2008

Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> 2008/8/13 Ben Bolker <bolker at ufl.edu>:
>> Barry Rowlingson <b.rowlingson <at> lancaster.ac.uk> writes:
>>oe
>  So he tried mouse buttons in combination. Holding B1 and then B3 and
> moving the mouse resulted in a zoom operation. Holding first B3 and
> then B1 resulted in rotation functionality. B3 and then B2 resulted in
> the field-of-view change operation. These three operations were what
> should have happened with B3, B1 and B2 presses on their own.
> Seemingly the mouse presses didn't get through to rgl unless another
> mouse button was held down. It's quite general. Hold Bx and then hold
> By and you get the functionality of By.
>
>  Back in my office, the same things worked for me too. So as long as I
> do that, everything is fine for me. Unfortunately my colleague has the
> problem of not having any window decorations and having the rgl window
> go invisible when moved... Oh well, he can't win them all!
>
>  Barry

    Interesting.  I can confirm that this works for me too, although
since I'm emulating B3 with a two-button mouse that obviously doesn't
work ... also, the window behavior is extremely erratic (no decorations,
window doesn't always come to front when it should, doesn't disappear
immediately when closed, etc.)
    Since my machine tends to lock up on suspend when the fancy graphics
are on, I'll probably continue without them for the time being ...
(I suppose I could write a script to toggle the graphics mode on
suspend/wake, but ugh)

   Ben