[R] useR!2009 conference announcement

Francois Husson francois.husson at agrocampus-ouest.fr
Wed Dec 3 18:12:48 CET 2008

We are happy to inform you that the online abstract submission and
registration for `useR! 2009' is now available online from

http://www.R-project.org/useR-2009/

This meeting of the R user community will take place at Agrocampus,
Rennes, France, July 8 to 10, 2000. The conference schedule comprises
invited lectures and user-contributed sessions as well as half-day
tutorials presented by R experts on July 7, 2009, prior to the conference.

Invited speakers will include

Adele Cutler, Peter Dalgaard, Jerome H. Friedman,  Michael Greenacre,
Trevor Hastie, John Storey, Martin Theus.

The spectrum of user-contributed sessions will depend on your
submissions. Hence, we invite you to submit abstracts for a talk or a
poster on topics presenting innovations or exciting applications of R.
The call for papers along with the link to the online abstract
submission is available at

http://www.R-project.org/useR-2009/#Call

Before the start of the official program, half-day tutorials will be
offered on Tuesday, July 7. A list of topics and speakers can be found at

http://www.R-project.org/useR-2009/tutorials/

The deadline for early registration and to submit an abstract is
February 27th 2009, so now is the perfect time to write and submit an
abstract, register as a participant and plan your trip to Rennes (Rennes
will be busy at the conference time because the cultural event `Festival
Les tombées de la nuit' will take place at the same time, so we
recommend to book as soon as possible). The conference web page

http://www.agrocampus-ouest.fr/math/useR-2009/accomodation.html
gives a list of hotels and some student rooms (200) are also available
on the campus.

We hope to meet you in Rennes!

The conference committee,

Julie Josse, François Husson, David Causeur, Maela Kloareg, Sébastien
Lê, Aline Legrand, Eric Matzner-Lober & Jérôme Pagès