[R] Writing a list help

Rajasekaramya ramya.victory at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 17:52:01 CET 2008

hi there,
I have a list called MyList.

MyList[[1]]
[1] "SRY"
 [2] "RPS4Y1"
 [3] "ZFY"
 [4] "ZFX /// ZFY"
 [5] "LOC728137"
 [6] "LOC100101116 /// TTTY1"
 [7] "AMELY"
 [8] "TBL1Y"
 [9] "PRKY"
[[2]]
.
[[24]]

I have list.I wanna write it to file.

for(i in 1:24)
{
write.table(as.vector(as.matrix(MyLIST[[i]]
file="geneset.txt",sep="\t",append=T)
}

I used a for loop to write my list.It worked but i have two concerns with
it.

First while writing in a txt file it writing in the names verticaly as it
appears above but i want it to in row
it should look like
SRY" RPS4Y1" ZFY" ZFX /// ZFY" AMELY"  TBL1Y"   PRKY"

second is i want the list name as my row name.

I tried some thing like row.names=names(mylist[[i]]) but it didnit work.

kindly let me know ur suggestions as how to go about it.

Regards
Ramya